In a generalized manner they are prohibited:
· the organisms modified genetically
· the products coming from the petrochemical industry
· the synthetic colorantes and perfumes
Natura Organics does not try to present/display an exhaustive list to him of all potentially injurious chemical agents , nor to take positions on his tried poisonous effects.
We expose a list of the chemical ingredients more commonly used, so that it becomes aware from which they are omnipresent in traditional cosmetics. We are of the opinion of which the more the ingredients coming from chemistry are left of side , the more will benefit our health and environment.
And this is an opinion shared by great professionals of the medicine worldwide.
· Water nonpurified
· Mineral oils (for example, liquid paraffin, petrolato, paraffin or petroleum jelly). They derive from petroleum and they form a film on the skin that prevents it to breathe.
· Silicone oils : completely synthetic substances, very used, with names like dimeticona, trimeticona… Less injurious for the skin that the mineral oils, are, nevertheless, very little biodegradable.
Emulsionants or tensioactives
Polietilenglicol (PEG) and polipropilenglicol (PPG): obtained from injurious a chemical process.
Lauril ether sódico sulphate (SLES), composed that has undergone a etoxilación process that leaves remainders dangerous.
Lauril sódico sulphate (SLS).
Note: Certain biological cosmetic manufacturers use SLS and SLES of vegetal origin, but frequently they are in the heat of process to replace them by other still more smooth tensioactivos for the skin or the hairy leather: we have made the decision from not presenting/displaying products that contain these substances.
suspicious substances to take part in the formation of nitrosaminas (cancerigenic).
· Antirust: Hidroxitolueno Butil (BHT) and butil hidroxianisol (BHA), that still is used in cosmetic although its use in nutritional products by its potential cancerigenic effect is prohibited.
· Deodorants: aluminum salts, suspicious to cause breast cancer; triclosán, bactericidal
· Solar filters: for example, benzofenona, 3,4-
· Hidratantes: propilenglicol.
· Repelentes of insects: Dietiltoluamina (DEET), very irritating and totally advised against for children.
· Dissolvents: the ftalatos and, among them the ftalato dietil (DEP), modifier of the endocrino system (glands) already prohibited in the plastic toys that the children can put in the mouth.
· Formaldehyde: at the almost absent present time of cosmetics (safe in products for the nails, like the lacquer) since it has been recognized like cancerigenic alérgeno and, although still are substances susceptible to release formaldehyde (broponol, diazolidinilurea, DMDM hidantoína, imidazolidinilurea, quaternium 15).
· Fenoxietanol: (and also butoxietanol or etoxidiglicol); they belong to the family of glycol ethers; its use is authorized whenever it becomes to low concentrations.
· Parabens: for a long time suspicious to cause breast cancer.
· Perfums: the almizclados compounds, defendant to pay attention to weaves, and numerous composed chemical not detailed by the manufacturers (unless one is substances susceptible to cause allergies, according to the new regulation, or are synthetic or natural).
· Colorantes: nitric colorantes, with synthetic tar (coloration of the hair); the hair QUATS (monomer catiónicos acrylics), antistatic products.